H-E-B Opens New Store in Texas; Jim Doxakis Comments
WEBSTER, TX - While thousands prepared to gather in Times Square for New York’s famous New Year’s celebration, another ball drop of sorts took place just days before. H-E-B further built out its Texas-based footprint by opening a new El Dorado store on December 29. This new 107,000 square foot store replaces the former Clear Lake Market H-E-B (El Camino Real) location.
“I look forward to serving the Clear Lake community and ensuring that our long-time customers from the previous store continue to enjoy the best of what H-E-B has to offer,” said Jim Doxakis, who was recently named the new store’s General Manager. The 15-year H-E-B team member is a 20-year area resident of the area as well.
Wielding in-store experiences, picking orders via Curbside, Home Delivery, and H-E-B Meal Simple options, the new H-E-B offers a range of possibilities to its shoppers. From grab-and-go salads to casseroles and entrees, customers can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal. The Curbside pickup service offers 26 parking spaces and is one of the largest Curbside facilities in the company.
From the fresh produce to the freezer section, shoppers will find more offerings with unsurpassed freshness, quality, and variety. Special features for the community, include:
- Large assortment of Texas-made products
- Fully stocked Healthy Living department featuring bulk foods, including nuts, grains, dried fruits, and snack mixes
- H-E-B Organics and H-E-B Select Ingredients, a line consisting of H-E-B brand products that excludes unwanted ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors
- Made in-store fresh-squeezed juices and freshly made guacamole
- Texas hospitality and knowledgeable service that’s second to none—provided by almost 500 local H-E-B Partners, many who transferred from the former El Camino location
- A metal shingle design that mimics the underside of the space shuttle in reference to the neighboring NASA facility
- A team of registered dietitians and culinary experts and Healthy Living product options to offer full-time onsite and telehealth nutrition services including counseling, diagnostics testing, dietitian-led shopping support, and meal planning services
According to a press release, in celebration of the grand opening, H-E-B will donate $5,000 to Hope Active, which provides relevant programs that reach and impact the most underserved subsectors of the community.
For more expansions across the retail sector, stick with us here at ANUK.