Inaugural Online Voting Implemented for the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers’ 51st Annual General Meeting
LEAMINGTON, ON - The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) has announced the results of its Board of Directors vote. Voters at the 51st Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) Annual General Meeting elected three directors to represent District 1 through a new online voting system.
The organization reported record-setting voter turnout, with over 80 percent of eligible voters cast ballots in advance of the meeting.
New directors elected to District 1 included:
- Paul Mastronardi (Mastronardi Produce)
- Rick Mastronardi (I.P.R. Farms Ltd.)
- Peter Quiring (NatureFresh Farms)
Additionally, in District 2, members elected Jan VanderHout of Beverly Greenhouses Ltd. to one of two vacancies on the organization’s Board.
According to the OGVG’s press release, newly elected Directors will join existing Directors whose terms continue through to October 31, 2019 to form the 2018-19 OGVG Board of Directors:
- Kevin Safrance (Envirofresh Produce Ltd.) – District 1
- Hilco Tamminga (Truly Green) – District 1
- Bill Heeg (Sun Choice Produce ) – District 2
- Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Family Farms Inc.) – District 2
- James Neven (Neven Produce Inc.) District 2
Additionally, five Committee People were elected to each District and will represent their Districts for a one-year term ending October 31, 2019. Elects included:
District 1 Committee People:
- Chris Del Greco (Under Sun Acres)
- Dale DiCiocco (DiCiocco Sonny Farms Inc.)
- Albert Mastronardi (H&A Mastronardi Farms Ltd.)
- Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres)
- Rodney Wright (Wright Greenhouses Ltd.)
District 2 Committee People:
- Ted Berkel Berkel (Greenhouses Inc.)
- Trish Fournier (Lake Erie Farms Inc.)
- Hardeep Singh (Singh Greenhouses)
- Teranjit Singh (eNature Greenhouses)
- 5th seat – Vacant
AndNowUKnow congratulates all those elected to the OGVG’s government on their new roles.