LINKFRESH Releases LINKFRESH 2016 Software for Microsoft Dynamics AX
VENTURA, CA – Collaborating with its partner Cegeka, LINKFRESH has announced the release of the newest version of its food industry-specific ERP Software, LINKFRESH 2016 for the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform.
“This is a significant and major software release and one which was developed in close collaboration with our partners and customers, further underlining our commitment to our LINKFRESH Partner Channel and to the fresh food industry. LINKFRESH is already known to be the natural choice for fresh produce and this release further illustrates our commitment to this highly specialized sector,” stated LINKFRESH Group CEO Andy Makeham.
This major release includes over 50 enhancements, according to a recent press release, as well as new features to the fresh food functionality. The company stated that this eagerly anticipated software increases both the reach and power of the LINKFRESH ERP solution.
One such enhancement for the software is the addition of a Turbo Cross-Dock feature, which will use configurable time-based location directives to apply rules and automatically execute stock movement instructions.
For instance, the software can look at when and where raw materials might be required for production when these items are first received. The stock will either be directed to a storage location, or brought to the correct line by a time-based location directive. The directive will issue a stock movement request if the materials are to be consumed within one hour.
“LINKFRESH 2016 extends upon the very high degree of functional fit for the food industry that has always been a characteristic of the LINKFRESH offering. It delivers a further tranche of industry specific features designed especially for the sector, to give the ‘best ever’ degree of functional fit ‘out of the box,’” asserted Ian Morgan, Head of Product, LINKFRESH. “This minimizes upgrade costs for customers, accelerates implementation times for both customers and our partners, and enables the greatest degree of functional flexibility, which is key to this sector.
Additional enhancements released with LINKFRESH 2016 are the following:
- Industry specific Catchweight functionality for food and fresh produce to enhance the standard Catchweight functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX, taking into account the complexities of packaging weight.
- A new Pallet Configurator to manage the entire pallet allocation, building, and stacking process to optimize space in the warehouse, and to maximize On Time In Full (OTIF) deliveries.
- Extension of GTIN and PTI features for product traceability legislation in the USA.
- New features for Quality Control; such as time triggered tests and recurring tests.
- Time conflict management for highly automated processes.
- The ability to transfer ownership of inventory to or from a third party.
- Additional features to help manage and automate the provision of Value Added Logistics activities, such as automated directives to wrap or unwrap a pallet if certain conditions exist, or to automate exception management in the LINKFRESH mobile warehousing application.
- An enhanced LINKFRESH Trading Board to support high speed order entry, and rapid supply and demand management.
- Enhanced end-to-end time-based supply chain management features.
- New proactive Distribution Packaging Management features to track full vs empty pallets against planned production jobs, enabling users to proactively plan their requirements for distribution packaging. This feature also provides for the improved management of different packaging configurations.
- Extended Business Intelligence reporting capabilities.
- A new streamlined tabular user interface for the electronic capture of Quality Control data.
- Enhanced Non-Conformance Management.
- New Order Entry features; such as extended Commodity Pricing.
- Overall optimization of the user interface for the LINKFRESH Mobile Applications.
- Further integration of LINKFRESH with the Standard Microsoft Dynamics AX “Wave” functionality to better accommodate high volume production environments.
LINKFRESH also stated that another notable enhancement to the new software is the addition of Consignment Pooling and Pooled Liquidations. The new software will calculate grower payback across configurable groupings of consignments in order to achieve weighted payments.
As the company continues to expand its portfolio with notable industry names and new software offerings, AndNowUKnow will have the latest announcements.