Publix Announces Second Quarter 2022 Results; Todd Jones Comments
LAKELAND, FL - We are reporting on yet another sales gain in the retail sector as Publix recently revealed its second quarter 2022 financial results. The newly released report unveiled that sales from the three months ended June 25, saw a 9.3 percent increase from $11.8 billion in 2021 to $12.8 billion in 2022. This represents a $1.1 billion boost in sales for the retail chain.
“Unfortunately, our results were not enough to offset challenges in the stock market,” Todd Jones, Chief Executive Officer of Publix, commented on the report. “I continue to be proud of our associates for making shopping a pleasure at Publix.”
As the retail sector continues to feel pressures caused by inflation, supply chain disruptions, stock market challenges, and more, Publix is weathering the storm to continue delivering on its commitment to its customers and provide an elevated shopping experience.
The company also shared several other updates in its financial report, which include:
- Net earnings for the three months ended June 25, 2022, were $628.4 million
- Sales for the six months ended June 25, 2022, were $26.2 billion, an 11.4 percent increase from $23.5 billion in 2021
- Comparable store sales for the three months ended June 25, 2022, increased 7.8 percent
- Comparable store sales for the six months ended June 25, 2022, increased 9.7 percent
- Net earnings for the six months ended June 25, 2022, were $1.2 billion
More information on the grocer’s second quarter results can be found here.
As the retail sector continues to navigate the current market and industry challenges, AndNowUKnow will report on the latest.