Publix's GreenWise Market Opens First Store in Georgia
LAKELAND, FL - Major developments have been underway, and the time has finally come to unveil them. Today, GreenWise Market opened its first store in Georgia! Publix’s banner store has touched down in Marietta at 3460 Sandy Plains Road in the Sandy Plains Marketplace Shopping Center, bringing the banner's total store count to seven.
“At GreenWise Market, customers can find a space to explore new flavors and learn new techniques and recipes from our associates,” said Publix President Kevin Murphy. “We’re excited to share our unique atmosphere and foods with our Atlanta community.”
GreenWise Market is a specialty, natural, and organic store with a large selection of prepared foods made from organic and antibiotic-free ingredients. According to the release, the stores are divided into experience zones with simple names like:
- CARES — vitamins, nutritional supplements, natural soaps and shampoos, and more
- CUTS — meats raised with no antibiotics or added hormones and sustainably-sourced seafood
- EATS — made-to-order meals and grab-and-go foods like handcrafted gourmet sandwiches and freshly baked pizza
- FINDS — a curated selection of wines and imported cheeses
- POURS — a beverage area featuring locally roasted coffee or other selections to enjoy while shopping or relaxing at the bar
The first new-concept GreenWise Market opened in Tallahassee, Florida, in October 2018. Seven stores are now open, including the 25,089-square-foot Marietta location; new stores in Odessa, Florida, and Nocatee (Ponte Vedra), Florida, are set to open this week.
In addition to showcasing unique local products, each GreenWise Market location is home to a mural created by a local artist. The Marietta GreenWise Market features artwork by Lillian Blades. The large-scale mixed media piece was created with many different textiles and textures, including mirrors.
Will we see more GreenWise Markets outside of the Eastern Seaboard? AndNowUKnow will eagerly report.