Southeastern Grocers Expands Footprint With Two New Fresco y Más Supermarkets; Anthony Hucker Comments
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Like push pins on a map, Southeastern Grocers (SEG) touched down in new markets with two recent store openings. Its Fresco y Más banner has expanded with a new store in Tampa, Florida, opened on November 3, and a new store in Deltona, Florida, opened on November 17.
“At Southeastern Grocers, we are dedicated to providing the best products and services for our local communities,” Anthony Hucker, President and Chief Executive Officer of Southeastern Grocers, said. “With 37 years of experience serving the Deltona community, we believe now is the right time to expand our offerings in Volusia County to provide a supermarket fit for the growing Hispanic community. We listened to customer feedback and evaluated key consumer insights when developing our new Fresco y Más to reflect the unique needs of our Deltona customers.”
The new Hispanic grocery stores will provide the community with a specialized shopping experience that celebrates the growing Hispanic culture in Deltona and Volusia County. Fresco y Más hosted a grand opening ceremony to officially introduce the new stores to the local community, according to a press release, which included a ribbon cutting, live music, free giveaways, and the chance to receive a free mystery gift card. The Deltona store also presented a $1,000 donation to Forest Lake Elementary School.
Customers will immediately notice new enhancements and offerings throughout the Fresco y Más stores, including:
- A new custom facade featuring a vibrant yellow color palette and bilingual signage throughout the store
- Refreshed “Frutas y Verduras” (produce department) featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits and vegetables
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch and daily specials, like arroz congri, pallet, and more
- A refreshed Wall of Value section now featuring enhanced weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks, and hot and cold sandwiches
Fresco y Más also hosted a weekend-long socially distanced community celebration with live entertainment and giveaways.
Sounds like a party to me! As more industry operators celebrate their expansions, keep clicking back to ANUK.