Allen Lund Completes 60 Acts of Kindness
LA CAÑADA FRUITRIDGE, CA - When the events and uncertainty of 2020 came knocking, companies across our industry were there to answer the call and help those in need. For the Allen Lund Company (ALC), it continued its fifth year of good deeds, completing over 60 acts of kindness throughout the year between its nationwide offices, support departments, and corporate.
“I speak for the entire executive team when I say, thank you to all of our employees for their involvement with our acts of kindness. We are so proud of what our employees have accomplished and how they have given back to their local communities in so many different ways,” said David Lund, Executive Vice President. “All it took was some encouragement from my late father that enabled our acts of kindness program to grow. His vision of encouraging people to do good things for others was simple because he was able to lead by example. I think that inspired our managers to share this vision with their departments and offices and that is why we have such great involvement. It's not about the money but the time and dedication to helping others and our employees come through every year.”
Together, the Allen Lund teams were able to come together to help organizations serving a wide range of causes.
According to a press release, some of the organizations that were aided by the acts of kindness include:
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Catholic Charities - aided by the ALC Headquarters in Los Angeles
- TeamBonding - An organization that aims to prevent and end homelessness. It was served by the ALC Headquarters in San Diego
- Mission for Area People - a faith-based organization providing Muskegon County residents with resources to meet basic needs, promote self-sufficiency, and improve quality of life. The organization was served by the Grand Rapids ALC office
- Huntington Hospital Blood Drive - Since 2012, ALC has partnered with Huntington Hospital and on March 17, 2020 ALC Corporate hosted another Blood Drive with 19 employees donating blood, helping save 48 people
- FeedMore - The Richmond ALC office volunteered with the organization which collects, prepares, and distributes food to neighbors who struggle with hunger through its programs and network of agencies
Despite the pandemic, Allen Lund was still able to continue its work with Navidad en el Barrio to provide holiday meals for those in need as well.
“I am amazed that 16 years have gone by and that even in the midst of a pandemic, Allen Lund Company working with Navidad en el Barrio were able to secure enough products and produce to provide two full bags of items for a healthy Christmas dinner,” said Nora Trueblood, MarCom Director.
While these are just a small sampling of the wonderful good deeds that the company performed in 2020, we here at AndNowUKnow would like to thank Allen Lund Company for continuing to be a shining example of giving back during times of hardship.