Apeel Sciences Welcomes New Execs as Global Expansion Continues
SANTA BARBARA, CA - The innovative technology provider, Apeel Sciences, is launching its operations into orbit. No, it isn’t sending its scientists to the moon, but it is rolling out new satellite offices in three countries to help facilitate its growing global presence. The new offices will touch down in Peru, Mexico, and the Netherlands, bringing each a solution to the increased demand for Apeel produce. In addition to this initiative, the company has hired and extended roles of key executives that have proven track records in supporting accelerated growth paths.
According to a news release, the first of Apeel’s satellite offices will be in the Netherlands—one of the world’s largest exporters of food and agricultural products—and will service all of Europe, following the European Commission approval in June. Apeel’s second and third satellite office locations in Peru and Mexico offer new solutions to regions that have been eager to bring food waste prevention technology to their farms.
The company is also adding five new key executives to help spearhead this growth, bringing the total team headcount close to 200 employees. Additionally, the company currently has over 100 open career opportunities across three continents, including roles in Product and Strategy, Operations, and Engineering.
The new executives include:
- Jason De Turris, Vice President of Brand, who joins Apeel with twenty years of marketing experience having previously worked with brands like Rolex, Jell-O, Xbox, American Express, and Naked Juice. He will use his experience building world-class brands to establish Apeel’s consumer brand and retail activation strategy worldwide.
- Viviane Schappo, Director of Supplier Relations in Latin America, comes to Apeel from C.H. Robinson, an organization with over $16.6B in sales. She will focus on driving the business development pipeline in Latin America and supporting Apeel’s partners and in-country implementation processes.
- Megan Opp, Chief People Officer, has joined as Apeel’s first Chief People Officer to ensure that Apeel’s culture seamlessly scales as the company grows and continues to attract and retain top talent in the business, technology, and science communities.
- Bill Strong, Chief Financial Officer, has been appointed CFO after helping Apeel raise $110M to-date and overseeing the growth of Apeel’s business from 30 to nearly 200 employees.
- Erich Klawuhn, Vice President of Product is chartered with bringing Apeel products to market and helping identify the opportunity for Apeel’s technology in new verticals. Previously, he was a VP at View Inc., the first company to successfully advance the large‐scale commercialization of dynamic glass.
The company has demonstrated a greater than 50 percent food waste reduction at U.S. food retail, and now has its produce in over 2,000 stores with request for its revolutionary, waste-reducing product globally. Congrats to all of these industry experts on working alongside such an innovation-driven company!