APMA Celebrates 40th Annual Forum
MONTEREY, CA - From January 22 to January 24, the Agricultural Personnel Management Association (APMA) will host its annual forum in Monterey, California. This year, however, is one for additional celebration—APMA has reached a 40-year milestone. The three-day event will be filled with keynote speakers, educational presentations, and workshops aplenty for the ag industry. Julia Belliard, Executive Director, shared with me more about the APMA Forum and what attendees are expecting this year.
“For 40 years now, APMA has served the agricultural industry as a professional non-profit organization,” starts Julia. “We are dedicated to exhibiting workshops and informational panels to help kick-off a new decade with the best and brightest in our industry. The topics will be relevant and the discussion enlightening for our 2020 attendees.”
Here’s what to expect when you attend:
Wednesday’s Opening Program:
- Keynote presentation by Douglas Parker, Chief of Cal/OSHA
- H-2A Panel Presentation
- HR Professional Development, Aging Workforce, and Job Safety Discussions
- President’s Reception
Thursday will include:
- Keynote presentation by Craig Regelbrugge, Senior Vice President for Industry Advocacy & Research, AmericanHort
- Sessions addressing concerns such as Employment, Law Management, Health & Safety, and HR Trends
- 40th Annual Dinner & Dance
- 10th Annual HRPA Graduation Ceremony
Friday will conclude with:
- Closing remarks by Patrick Moody, APMA President
- Keynote presentation by Congressman Jimmy Panetta of California
- 2020 Labor & Employment Law Update
“I am excited for this year's event and the opportunity to help the advancement of Human Resources and Safety Management,” concludes Julia.
If you’re keen to learn more about the Forum and how to attend, click here. Stay tuned to ANUK as we cover more on important ag industry news and events.