Bard Valley Natural Delights® Launches New Mini Medjool Dates; David Baxter and Jenna Gorham Discuss
YUMA, AZ - For many shoppers, healthy eating is top of mind as they hit the grocery aisles, but the holiday season can bring new temptations and indulgences that interrupt their eating habits. Luckily, Bard Valley Natural Delights® launched its new Mini Medjool snacking line that blends Medjool dates and other wholesome ingredients to provide a sweet treat that’s also better for you.
“The new Mini Medjools were developed as a direct response to the shopper feedback we received asking us to create something smaller, more bite-sized, and with additional flavor profiles,” said David Baxter, Director of Marketing. “The new size is more portable and convenient for kids and adults, and the flavors are more developed to fit people’s snacking needs.”
Mini Medjools come in a range of flavors including:
- Coconut: Medjool dates and shredded coconut
- Cacao Pecan: Medjool dates, cacao, and pecans
- Sweet & Salty Almond: Medjool dates, sunflower seeds, almonds, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, almond butter, and chia seeds
- Organic Cranberry Pistachio: Medjool dates, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, pistachios, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and almond butter
- Organic Fruit & Nut: Medjool dates, sunflower seeds, almond butter, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, dried cherries, and chia seeds
- Organic Cacao Coconut: Medjool dates, sunflower seeds, almond butter, cacao powder, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, chia seeds, and cacao nibs
“I love the simple and nutritious ingredients in these new Mini Medjools” added Jenna Gorham, registered dietitian and brand partner. “The addition of nuts, seeds, almond butter, and coconut flakes add healthy fats, fiber, protein, iron, and other micronutrients too. With 3–4 grams of fiber and 1–3 grams of protein per serving, they are a filling, satisfying, and healthy snack.”
Consumer research, as noted in a press release, found that Natural Delights’ Mini Medjools outperformed the brand’s former Date Rolls significantly. People were 6 percent more likely to purchase the new lineup due to convenience and portion size, compared to larger Date Rolls.
“We tested these new flavors with moms across the country,” continued Baxter. “What we learned in their comments was that the new mini size was more portable, less messy, and ultimately something the whole family could enjoy.”
A healthy, convenient snack? Shoppers can’t argue with that—and neither can I! To boost your produce aisles, add these tasty treats and watch the shopper dollars come flying in.