Chiquita Interim CEO Brian Kocher and Other Executives Resign from the Company
CHARLOTTE, NC - A few more key executives have reportedly resigned from Chiquita, including Interim CEO Brian Kocher who will be given $7.2 million in severance.
The company officially dismissed Interim CEO Brian Kocher last week, as well as having lost six executives in the last few months. As a result, the still Charlotte-based headquarters leadership has been left with two, according to the Charlotte Business Journal.
Among those to resign is the company Chief Accounting Officer, Joseph Johnson, effective April 17.
The company underwent several notable changes within the banana and pineapple company since its acquisition by Safra Groups, including:
- New CEO of Chiquita’s Fresh Express and fresh solutions businesses Kenneth Diveley.
- The exit of Chiquita CEO Ed Lonergan.
- The resignation of CFO Rick Frier.
- The resignation of Chief People Officer Kevin Holland.
- The resignation of general counselman James Thompson.
Speculations, according to Charlotte Business Journal, included Kenneth Diveley eventually becoming CEO of the entire company, though this was not confirmed. Since the dismissal of Brian Kocher, Chiquita has appointed Darcila Santos from the Safra Bank in Sao Paulo as its new CEO.