DMA Solutions Brings Top Scholarship Students to Viva Fresh Produce Expo
DALLAS, TX - DMA Solutions is delighted to send top-performing students from Texas A&M University to the Viva Fresh Produce Expo in San Antonio, Texas, as a part of the Aggies for Fresh scholarship. Students who have demonstrated a strong desire to pursue a career in the fresh produce industry are able to jump start their future endeavors by attending the expo with the support of The Almy Family Foundation.
The expo will be from April 25-27.
“Viva Fresh provides a great venue for students to get acquainted with the fresh produce industry and have productive recruitment conversations with people seeking to hire bright, young talent,” said Dan’l Mackey Almy, Founder and CEO of DMA Solutions and Co-Founder of Aggies for Fresh. “Now in our fifth year, Aggies for Fresh is pleased to have selected nine high performing students who are near graduation to attend this event and seek a career in the fresh produce industry. For me, there is no greater joy than to help fellow Aggies serve the fresh produce industry and pave the way for generations to come.”
According to the company's press release, the nine students selected have proven their passion and dedication this year and are eager to see what a career in this industry could look like for them. They will have the opportunity to meet with industry leaders on the tradeshow floor as well as during the Aggies for Fresh reception, taking place Friday evening at 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, with sponsor support from the Texas International Produce Association and other members.
This year’s Viva Fresh scholarship recipients include:
- Florencia Abram, Master’s in Agribusiness (May 2020)
- Caitlin Benge, Bachelor’s in Agricultural Communications and Journalism (August 2019)
- Arianna Jopling, Bachelor’s in Agricultural Communication Journalism (May 2019)
- Regan McGuill, Bachelor’s in Animal Science (May 2020)
- Madison Mellon, Bachelor’s in Agricultural Leadership and Development (May 2020)
- Maria Alejandra Ramirez, Master’s in Agribusiness (May 2019)
- Jessica Smith, Bachelor’s of Universities Studies and Leadership (May 2021)
- Makaila Vasconcellos, Bachelor’s in Biological and Agricultural Engineering (May 2020)
- Emily Zdon, Bachelor’s in Chemistry (December 2019)
As stated in the press release, Texas A&M University offers the fresh produce industry an extensive pool of talent. Being one of the largest Agricultural Science schools in the world, the university actively enables students with the resources necessary to answer the grand challenges agricultural faces.
For bios and more information about this year’s scholarship attendees, please visit this website.
Stay tuned more updates on DMA Solutions and Aggies for Fresh scholarship, keep reading AndNowUKnow.
Companies in this Story
DMA Solutions, Inc. is a specialized marketing agency serving the fresh produce industry driven by a mission to...