Fresh Solutions Network Finalist for PMA Impact Awards for Excellence in Packaging with Side Delights® Flavorables
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – With members of the industry already arriving in Orlando, FL, for the start of PMA Fresh Summit, announcements are also rolling in about the innovative products being recognized during the event. Fresh Solutions Network’s Side Delights® Flavorables potato product line has been named as a finalist in the PMA Impact Awards for Excellence in Packaging.
“We are excited about being chosen as a finalist for this prestigious award. Packaging is an important element for increasing the consumer’s engagement, especially when it may be the only way for them to judge the quality and flavor potential of the product. High marks for our packaging translates to better sales on the shelf for our retail customers,” stated Kathleen Triou, President & CEO for Fresh Solutions Network.
PMA has selected 14 packaging submissions as finalists for its Impact Award, of which Fresh Solutions product line is one. According to a press release, the Side Delights® Flavorables line is packaged to deliver incremental volume, revenue, and profit.
The Potato Product line pairs packaged potatoes with bold, worldly inspired seasoning blends in order to cultivate the best flavors. The mix of flavors includes the following offerings:
- Chimichurri Seasoning: roasted garlic, cilantro, and lemon
- Smokin’ Tomato Seasoning: roasted tomatoes, garlic, and chives
- Malaysian Curry Seasoning: chili pepper, lemon grass, ginger, and lime
The winners of the 2016 Impact Award winners will be announced on Friday, October 14, 2016.
“The Flavorables potato line is being introduced with the goal of providing convenience shoppers with a new, fresh, fast, and on-trend way to serve seasoned potatoes in packaging that that provides retailers with a way to attract the customers’ attention and increase sales,” continued Triou.
The line features the following aspects in order to prove functionality and further in-store impact:
- 100% recyclable tray and overwrap sleeve
- Clear film over tray allows complete product visibility while ensuring safe, clean potatoes
- Overwrap sleeve extends shelf-life, and provides a window to show product freshness to shoppers without having to pull the sleeve all the way back
- Shelf-stable: refrigeration not required
- Contemporary graphics and bold colors enhance shelf impression and appetite appeal
- Messaging that clearly communicates “microwave-ready” for quick preparation
“Consumers crave new and easy ways to prepare potatoes, and global flavors are a hot food trend right now. Research shows that nearly half of Americans consider themselves to be “foodies” with 86% of them interested in learning more about international food. The growth of the value-added potato segment continues to outpace the category, and we are confident that these bold new international flavors and innovative packaging is a winning combination,” finished Triou.
As the winners of innovation and excellence are announced at PMA, count on AndNowUKnow for the latest in updates.