Limoneira Invites Consumers to Add Lemons in the New Year
SANTA PAULA, CA - As December drifts away, cold and flu season continue on through the relentless winter. How can consumers avoid getting sick without a trip to the pharmacy? Limoneira Citrus Spokesperson Megan Roosevelt suggests a trip to the produce aisle for ten great illness avoidance strategies for the new year.
- Support immune health: lemons are rich in vitamin C, helping to boost the body’s immune system
- Are alkalizing: despite their tangy flavor, lemons have an alkalizing effect (not an acidic one) after digestion, so a glass of lemon water can help maintain proper pH balance in the body
- Are anti-bacterial: they can help boost the body’s ability to fight infections
- Support healthy weight loss: research studies show that lemons can improve digestion, and may increase the body’s metabolic rate
- Support dental health: due to their antibacterial nature, lemons can help to prevent gingivitis
- Hydrate: make water more palatable with sliced lemon, or a combination of lemon slices and fruit, to help keep hydration tasty in a natural way
- Support healthy blood pressure levels: research studies have linked daily lemon consumption with helping to lower blood pressure—in tandem with a heart healthy diet and regular exercise
- Support skin health: vitamin C promotes collagen production, which is the wrinkle-preventing protein that is naturally occurring in skin
- Support bowel regularity: Warm lemon water can prevent constipation and promote regular bowel movements
- Are nutrient dense: In addition to vitamin C, lemons also contain calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorous
If these ten citrus-tastic properties of lemons can’t get you sprinting for the produce aisle, new Limoneira content by Megan Roosevelt every month of 2019 certainly will! Keep reading us here at AndNowUKnow for all updates Limoneira and continual produce coverage.