Taylor Farms® Expands Portfolio with New Everyday Salad Kits; Amanda Chasten and Charis Neves Share
SALINAS, CA - What may have once been called a trend has become a full-fledged produce department mainstay, as the salad kit sector continues to expand with new, innovative products. Taylor Farms® is one of the most recent to build out its on-shelf presence, introducing a new line of salad kits which includes Cheesy Ranch, Everyday Italian, Raspberry Crisp, Mexican Style Caesar, Everyday Caesar, and Ultimate Caesar varieties.
“We’ve been so happy with the success of our cutting-edge chopped salad kits that we wanted to expand our innovation into additional segments and offer easy, high-quality options for everyday needs,” said Amanda Chasten, Project Manager.
Whole-leaf kits (non-chopped) are a growing subsegment in the value-added salad category, a press release stated, with $616 million in sales annually and one of the largest contributors to category dollar growth in the last 26 weeks. This impressive growth supports Taylor Farms’ continued evolution in the produce aisle.
Beginning late last month, Taylor Farms began expanding its bagged salad kit offering with availability nationwide in both the U.S. and Canada:
- Cheesy Ranch Salad Kit contains a creamy buttermilk ranch dressing, parmesan, and cheddar croutons and cheddar cheese over a bed of crisp greens
- Everyday Italian Salad Kit combines zesty Italian dressing with parmesan and rich cheddar croutons, nutty sunflower seeds, and a tasteful Italian seasoning packet, served over fresh greens
- Raspberry Crisp Salad Kit includes a mix of baby leaf lettuces along with cornbread croutons, sunflower seeds, and a light and refreshing raspberry vinaigrette
- Mexican Style Caesar Salad Kit is a fiery twist on the original recipe with mild Monterey Jack croutons, nutty pepitas, and bold parmesan cheese paired with a zesty Mexican Caesar dressing
- Everyday Caesar and Ultimate Caesar Salad Kit join the existing Taylor Farms Classic Caesar. In the last 26 weeks, according to Nielsen scan data, Caesar accounts for almost 73 percent of all non-chopped salad kit sales and continues to grow double digits year over year
“Caesar continues to hold the lion’s share of the value-added salad segment, with consumers repeatedly purchasing this recipe profile. Our new Caesar kits deliver a restaurant quality experience in the convenience of your home. Our Mexican Style Caesar brings a flavorful addition to this versatile staple that consumers will love” said Charis Neves, Director of Innovation and Product Management.
Retailers, rejoice! These new salad kit SKUs are sure to drive shopper dollars in the produce aisle and beyond.