United Fresh to Honor Cindy Jewell at 2018 Reception Honoring Women in Produce
WASHINGTON, DC - Cindy Jewell, marketing maven of California Giant Berry Farms, is set be honored at the Reception Honoring Women in Produce, June 26 at United Fresh 2018 in Chicago. Held every year, the reception recognizes the contributions women have made in the produce industry. Cindy has been chosen as both honoree and featured speaker based on her involvement in the industry and how inspiring she’s been to others within it.
“Cindy’s strength and curiosity drive her to advance strategic marketing and communications innovation for every project she touches,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel in a press release. “She has worked tirelessly to stay engaged with the industry in order to harness her expertise and commitment to increasing consumption. We’re honored to have her leading the United Fresh Board of Directors this year and to also be able to celebrate her dedication with this honor.”
In her role as Vice President of Marketing at California Giant in Watsonville, CA, Cindy has been responsible for planning, developing, and executing all marketing and communications programs. Having built brand loyalty through California Giant’s social media and image campaigns, Cindy knows how to engage with consumers. On top of an already impressive resume, she has developed and maintained the crisis communications program at California Giant, served two terms on the United Fresh Grower-Shipper Board; two more with the United Fresh Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council, and a full term on the United Fresh Start Foundation Board of Trustees. She has previously held leadership positions at the Produce for Better Health Foundation and is a graduate of Class 30 of the California Agricultural Leadership Program.
Currently, Cindy is serving as Chairman of the United Fresh Board of Directors. She also serves with the Salinas Grower-Shipper Association, on the Board and Communications Committee for the Alliance for Food and Farming, and as Director for the California Giant Foundation leading the annual Tour de Fresh ride to support salad bars for schools.
Cindy will join a remarkable group of women including:
- Dan'l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo Martin, Margaret, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Lorelei DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
Congratulations to Cindy for this incredible achievement and to all the women honored at this event!