US Foods Adds 24 Trend-Making Products to Menus
ROSEMONT, IL - It’s been a fairly dreary California winter for the ANUK team, and we’re happy to hear anything that makes us think of sunshine and spring. Here to help break us out of the winter blues is US Foods, who recently announced the launch of Spring Scoop 2019, which focuses on the latest 24 items to hit its Serve Good program.
“Sustainability on the menu is more than just a trend, it’s a movement that has shaped how diners approach their purchasing decisions. In fact, research indicates that 74 percent of millennials are willing to pay more for sustainable products and services,” said Stacie Sopinka, Senior Vice President of Product Development and Innovation. “Our Serve Good portfolio offers independent restaurant operators innovative and versatile products that help create real value while meeting the immediate and long-term cravings and conscience of contemporary diners.”
The products continue to deliver on the criteria associated with the line: sustainable, responsibly-sourced products that focus on waste reduction.
According to a company press release, adding organic items to the menu attracts diners and allows operators to command higher prices. Spring Scoop highlights several organic products:
- Roseli Organic Premium Three Cheese Ravioli: Made with a creamy blend of organic ricotta, fontina, and Parmesan cheeses, these raviolis contain no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and pair well with a variety of sauces and complementary flavors such as the Roseli Organic Basil Pesto
- Roseli Organic Basil Pesto: Made with organic canola oil and Parmesan cheese. Contains no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives and is the perfect complement for sandwiches, pastas, and more
- Monarch Organic Tomato Ketchup: This front-of-the-house product contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and is sweetened with sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup
US Foods also noted that increased mindfulness in environmental and social practices inspired it to expand its sustainable offerings with specific certifications that help ensure workers’ rights, promote biodiversity, and increase transparency. Food highlights include:
- Devonshire Passion Fruit Layered Cheesecake with Fair Trade Coconut: This dessert features tropical flavors of tangy passion fruit and sweet coconut. It is topped with shaved coconut and sugar that are both Fair Trade Certified and is made without artificial colors or flavors
- Chef's Line Banana Nut Muffin Made with Rainforest Alliance Certified Bananas: These muffins contain a high fruit content that offers delicious flavor and texture without artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. This item complies with the US Foods Unpronounceables List initiative aimed at producing products with simple, more recognizable ingredients by avoiding, removing, or replacing ingredients and food additives
Organic isn’t the only concept to draw in diners; sustainability has also captured consumer consciousness. US Foods’ products include:
- Harbor Banks Skinless Barramundi
- Patuxent Farms All Natural Ground Dark Turkey Raised Without Antibiotics
- Patuxent Farms All Natural Turkey Sausage Patty Raised Without Antibiotics
To see the entire Spring Scoop lineup, click here, and keep reading AndNowUKnow for more on flavor trends and spring offerings.