Viva Fresh Expo Announces Innovation Showcase Finalists
MISSION, TX - If you weren’t already hootin’ and hollerin’ about the second annual Viva Fresh Expo, news just dropped about the Viva Fresh Innovation Showcase that will have you doing just that up until April 27th. This week, the top 22 finalists for the Viva Fresh Innovation Showcase were announced.
“We’re excited about the large number of entries we received this year! It is a powerful reflection on this region; an area that built its reputation on timeless innovations such as the Rio Star Red Grapefruit and the Texas 1015 Sweet Onion,” said Dante Galeazzi, President and CEO of TIPA. “Our vision for this showcase has been to recognize excellence and celebrate the creative, unique, and industry-changing technologies that are both shaping and improving every aspect of the fresh produce supply chain.”
The top 22 features the best in the biz with industry advances like new seed varieties, products, packaging, production, machinery, packing facilities, greenhouses, technology/application software, food safety, traceability, sustainability, and more.
According to a press release, a panel of judges, comprised of retail, foodservice, and produce industry veterans, chose the following finalists based on a strict set of strict criteria:
- Allen Lund Company, AlchemyTMS - Spot Bid Tool
- Apeel Sciences, Apeel: plant-derived shelf-life extension technology
- Coast Tropical, Organic Wrap Around Mango
- Del Monte Fresh Produce, Del Monte® Honeyglow® Pineapple
- Del Monte Fresh Produce/Mann Packing, Caulilini® Baby Cauliflower
- Fox Packaging, Fox Stand-Up Combo® Bag
- GoodFarms and Equitable Food Initiative, Andrew & Williamson's EFI Continuous Improvement Teams
- IFCO Systems, MyIFCO™ Recollect App
- International Paper, International Paper - Stakor™
- Ippolito International, Royal Brussels SproutsTM
- Kingdom Fresh Farms, Solar Panel System
- Magic Sun Farms, CEICKOR University
- Mastronardi Produce, ALOHA™ peppers
- Mr. Lucky, Mr. Lucky Garlic Blister Pack
- Mucci Farms, CuteCumber™ Poppers
- National Mango Board, In-store Mango Display
- Pure Flavor, Mini Munchies Tomato Snack Pack
- Sostena ProducePlan.com & GroundSight technology in collaboration with Frontera/Crescent Fruit & Veg
- SunFed, SunFed Sweet Melon Machine
- Triple H Produce, Triple H Grower's App
- Ventura Foods/Marie's Refrigerated Salad Dressing, Marie's Market Reserve Refrigerated Dressings
- Village Farms, Village Farms Texas Grown
The finalists will be displayed before and during the expo on Saturday, April 27. All expo attendees are encouraged to vote live from the show floor via mobile device for their favorite innovation. The innovation with the most votes will receive the Best of Show Award, along with the second and third runners up, during the expo.
For more information, visit www.VivaFreshExpo.com. And for more show news like this, stay tuned to AndNowUKnow.