International Fresh Produce Association Announces 2022 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Award Winners; Joe Watson and Steve Grinstead Comment
NEWARK, DE & WASHINGTON, DC - Foodservice shows are highly influential events in the fresh produce industry, and the International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA) is putting on one of its own. The Foodservice Conference, taking place July 28–29 in Monterey, California, will feature the winners of the Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards, a program that is sponsored by FreshEdge®.
“We are privileged to honor these pioneering chefs and foodservice leaders who are committed to making fresh produce the centerpiece of so many of their delicious meals,” said Joe Watson, Vice President of Retail and Foodservice at IFPA. “Fresh produce continues to drive success for the foodservice and culinary sectors, and chefs play a critical role in encouraging consumers to explore produce items.”
According to a press release, the program honors chefs and foodservice operations for their produce innovation, creativity, and all-around excellence in the use of fresh produce in the culinary arts.
“We are thrilled to continue to support this incredible program to celebrate these leading chefs and foodservice professionals who are champions for the fresh produce industry. Cannot wait to go out and visit with these folks where they create their magic and then celebrate them out at The Foodservice Conference in Monterey,” said Steve Grinstead, Chief Executive Officer, FreshEdge.
The 2022 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards winners are:
- Business in Industry: Chris Ross, Senior Executive Chef, Levy/ Hardwood & Oak at The Central Bank Center: Convention Center, Rupp Arena and the Lexington Opera House
- Casual and Family Dining Restaurants: John Marshall Calloway, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chef, Black Rooster Taqueria
- Colleges and Universities: Christina Betondo, Associate Director of Culinary Excellence, R&DE Stanford Dining
- Fine Dining Restaurants: Steve McHugh, Executive Chef/ Proprietor and Owner, Cured Restaurant Group - Cured and Landrace
- Hospitals and Healthcare: Dugan Wetzel, Executive Chef, Eskenazi Health
- Hotels and Resorts: Stephen Varela, Executive Chef, Valley Brook Country Club
- K-12 School Foodservice: Whitney Ellersick, Senior Director, Portland Public Schools
- Quick Service Restaurants: Emma Dye, Founder + Chief Salad Officer, Crisp Salads
- Supermarkets and Retail Operators: Kati Lauffer, Corporate Chef, Nordstrom Restaurant Division
The nine winners, along with an executive from their company, will participate in IFPA's Foodservice Conference and will be presented with their awards as part of the event’s programming.
To register for IFPA’s Foodservice Conference, please click here.
For more foodservice news in the fresh produce industry, ANUK has you covered.