Target Tags onto Prime Day with One-Day Sale
MINNEAPOLIS, MN - Target is kicking off a day promising dozens of deals in multiple departments to online shoppers on July 17, a day also dubbed “Prime Day” by Amazon.
Spanning home, kitchen gadgets, beauty, toys, electronics, and more, the retailer noted in an announcement that guests who spend $100 or more will receive a free six-month membership for same-day delivery, shopped by Shipt. Aside from the discounted membership on its recently-acquired grocery delivery arm, the retailer did not note specific deals for its grocery department in the event like that of Amazon’s inclusion of Whole Foods Market.
The Target.com one-day sale will begin early in the morning (the retailer did not note a specific time) on Tuesday, July 17, and run through 11:59 p.m. CT.
In addition to the Shipt membership, which comes out to nearly $50 in savings according to a press release, consumers will find:
- 30 percent off Target-exclusive home brands
- Sale on cookware, small appliances and floorcare
- 25 percent off beauty and personal care
- Sale on select top toy brands
- Spend $20, save $5 on books
- 30 percent off Target-exclusive kids' home brands
- Up to 30 percent off top Google products
- Up to 30 percent off select baby gear
- Free shipping on next-day Target Restock delivery orders on July 17
The sale is set to include Target exclusive brands as well as top national brands. As always, Target REDcard holders can save 5 percent and get free two-day shipping on most items on Target.com though no membership is required for shoppers to get in on the deals. Target noted those not shopping with a REDcard are still eligible for free two-day shipping with a purchase of $35 or more.
Will the compounded amount of deals bring an influx of e-commerce traffic to both retailers? ANUK will continue to follow the latest.