Lidl Reveals First U.S. Locations to Open June 15th
UNITED STATES – As American consumers and the buy-side sector alike wait with baited breath for the official debut of Lidl stores on U.S. soil, the retailer has released its plans for the long-awaited store openings. Lidl US’s grand openings will kick off on June 15 with a four day grand opening celebration across nine stores.
“We cannot wait to open our first U.S. stores and introduce customers to grocery shopping refreshed, retooled, and rethought to make life better,” said Brendan Proctor, President and CEO, Lidl US. “Every day in our stores, customers will enjoy the smell of Lidl’s freshly baked breads, a selection of sustainable products like our certified fresh and frozen fish, and top-quality wines from around the world available at market-beating prices. Our mission every day is to deliver our customers less complexity, lower prices, better choices, and greater confidence.”
Lidl US will mark its entrance into our own markets with the opening of nine stores throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. According to a press release, each store will kick off with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:40 a.m. local time, with games, activities, prizes, and specials planned throughout the weekend for consumers.
The locations for the stores to be part of the grand opening specials are as follows:
- Kinston, NC – 4050 W Vernon Ave
- Greenville, NC – 1800 East Fire Tower Rd
- Sanford, NC – 3209 NC 87 South
- Rocky Mount, NC – 940 N Wesleyan Blvd
- Winston-Salem, NC – 3315 Sides Branch Rd
- Spartanburg, SC – 8180 Warren H Abernathy Hwy
- Greenville, SC – 2037 Wade Hampton Boulevard
- Virginia Beach, VA – 6196 Providence Rd
- Hampton, VA – 2000 W Mercury Blvd
The global retailer plans to enthrall U.S. consumers with it simple and efficient approach to grocery shopping. The company also confirmed earlier speculation that it will offer high-quality goods and groceries at up to 50 percent less than other supermarkets.
Lidl stated that the following qualities can also be expected from the chain’s U.S. stores:
- Newly constructed facilities with an easy-to-shop layout of 20,000-square-feet and only six aisles
- Organic and gluten-free options, which includes fruit and vegetables
- Exclusive brand products that will make up 90 percent of items
- Surprises in an ever-changing selection of non-food products available in stores for a limited time
- Healthy and sustainable options
- Fresh baked goods, daily
- Accessible store hours Monday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Lidl detailed in a series of new videos that it plans to keep prices low and quality high by packing its product in boxes, and inspecting perishables throughout the supply chain. The retailer will also feature Fresh 5 promotions twice a week, with other specials launching weekly.
As more information is unveiled, count on AndNowUKnow for all the latest in Lidl US updates.