Schnucks Markets Expands Robot Pilot to More Stores
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Everyone’s favorite grocery perusing robot is heading into more Schnucks Market stores as the retailer looks to gain a tech-forward advantage over its competitors. Schnucks and Simbe Robotics announced this week that Tally, the autonomous shelf-scanning robot, will now be found at 15 additional Schnucks’ stores after the pilot tested success following its launch last year.
“Tally has been instrumental in boosting the way our shelves are managed and how our stores function. As a result of working with Simbe, we’ve experienced a phenomenon we call ‘The Tally Effect,’ an immediate improvement in in-store operations and increased teammates productivity,” said Dave Steck, Schnucks Vice President of IT – Infrastructure and Application Development. “Currently, teammates are spending several hours a week completing tasks like inventory scanning and price tag auditing. Since we implemented Tally, the robot now completes those mundane tasks, allowing teammates to focus on customer service. We have confidence that with Simbe, our stores will run more smoothly and customers will continue to have exceptional, and modern, shopping experiences.”
With the expansion of Tally into more stores, Schnucks is propelling its brick-and-mortar stores into a new era of efficiency and improved customer experience, according to a press release. Thanks to Tally, Schnucks now has access to insightful shelf data that bolsters Schnucks’ customer service, improves how products are organized and stocked, and that offers insight on the shelf and inventory optimization for the store, brands, and its delivery partners.
Tally robots’ average day includes perusing the floors three times per day and scanning approximately 35,000 products. By widening its reach to more stores, Tally robots will be able to scan over 1.5 million products and provide Schnucks with more accurate, frequent, and comprehensive insights into product flow and in-store operations.
Tally is also capable of the following:
- Conducting autonomous product audits, allowing store teammates to better serve customers
- Providing timely alerts for out-of-stock, low stock, and misplaced items
- Ensuring price tag updates are expedited to reflect price adjustments and promotions
- Delivering continuous in-store performance insights for brand and retail service partners
- Optimizing product location to create a more organized shopping flow and efficient planogram that works in concert with other technology
“Schnucks is deeply committed to exceptional customer service and has taken a tech-forward approach to improving in-store operations, which ultimately delivers a better shopping experience,” said Brad Bogolea, CEO of Simbe. “Tally has provided Schnucks with a deeper understanding of inventory flow and shelf health, and the results exceeded expectations. We look forward to our continued partnership and bringing digital-grade insights to even more of Schnucks stores.”
Tally currently operates in the following Schnucks stores:
- Ballwin - 15425 Manchester Road, Ballwin, Mo. 63011
- Woods Mill - 1060 Woods Mill Road, Chesterfield, Mo. 63017
- Des Peres - 12332 Manchester Road, Des Peres, Mo. 63131
- Webster Groves - 8650 Big Bend, Webster Groves, Mo. 63119
Tally is slated to rollout in October or November in the following Schnucks stores, with more to follow soon:
- Sierra Vista - 1589 Sierra Vista Plaza, St. Louis, Mo. 63138
- Cross Keys - 13897 New Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, Mo. 63033
- Twin Oaks - 1393 Big Bend, Twin Oaks, Mo. 63021
- Granite City - 3100 Madison Ave. Granite City, Ill. 62040
According to a report by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, many of these stores are located near the 16 Shop 'n Save stores that are expected to close this month. As a result, Tally is expected to manage the influx of shoppers headed to different Schnucks stores.
Is Tally Schnucks’ secret weapon in the great grocery race? AndNowUKnow will continue to report on the changing retail landscape.