Giant Food Publishes Third Annual Better Neighbor Report; Ira Kress Comments
LANDOVER, MD - With the primary goal to support and serve its communities, Giant Food has released its most recent report. The third annual Better Neighbor Report spotlights the company's work to serve its customers, support its associates, and provide transparency about its commitment to its local communities. It signifies Giant's commitment to continuously work to be a Better Neighbor, a Better Place to Shop, and a Better Place to Work.
"For over 87 years, serving our communities means doing our part. As a local business providing essential services for our communities, we recognize our great responsibility to not only our customers but also our associates," said Ira Kress, President. "The Better Neighbor Report documents our work from 2022, though we know our job is never done, and we will continue to build on our commitment to transparency, serving our customers, and supporting our associates."
According to a press release, some examples of Giant Food being a Better Neighbor includes:
- Donated 4,785,007 pounds of food totaling nearly 4 million meals provided to Giant's Feeding America food bank partners
- Donated $1.1 million to the USO National Capital District through a combined effort of Giant and its customers to support local service members and their families
- Offset 14,844 metric tons of CO2 through the Reduced Emissions Program at Giant fuel locations
The report also outlined how Giant is working to become a Better Place to Shop:
- Over 900 healthy living classes and events hosted by the Giant Healthy Living team
- Reached 34,129 adults and children with nutrition education through 840 hours of time
- Partnered with 150 local vendors to offer over 1,000 local products and partnered with over 80 local farms
Some ways Giant has become a Better Place to Work include:
- Offered associate engagement in Business Resource Groups including Pride, THRIVE, Giant Veterans, Women's Inclusive Network, Corporate Council, and Young Professionals
- Launched a company-wide #HealthyAtWork challenge where 12 associates received free fruits and vegetables for a year
For more from the report, check out the press release here.
And, as always, keep clicking back to ANUK.