Reinhart Foodservice Names Rema Foods as its 2015 Supplier of the Year
ROSEMONT, IL - There are good suppliers in the industry, and there are great suppliers.
Reinhart Foodservice has distinguished Rema Foods as one of the greats, declaring them as its 2015 Supplier of the Year. Citing Rema Foods’ commitment to quality, food safety, and innovation, as well as the value Rema Foods brings to Reinhart and its customers, Rema was among a long lineup of supplier honorees announced at Reinhart’s annual Traditions Sales & Merchandising Conference on June 2nd.
"At Reinhart, our supplier partners are key to our business and to the success of our customers," said Jeff King, Reinhart’s President and Chief Operating Officer. "We’re proud of the relationships we’ve built with so many strong manufacturers over the years. By engaging and collaborating with our supplier partners on a daily basis, we’re able to develop valuable, long-standing relationships with our customers."
According to a press release, Reinhart’s Supplier of the Year Awards were presented to winners in eight categories and for five specific departments, with three overall winners. Winners were selected by a vote by Reinhart’s leadership and were selected based on key performance metrics and alignment with Reinhart’s business strategy.
The full list of recipients is as follows:
- Grocery – Rema Foods, Inc.
- Produce – Capital City Fruit
- Beverage – Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
- Frozen Foods – Lamb Weston
- Center of the Plate – John Morrell & Company
- Seafood – Tampa Bay Fisheries
- Non-Foods – Fabri-Kal Corp
- Dairy – Foremost Farms USA
- Logistics Support – Schreiber Foods
- Business Friendliness – Beaver Street Fisheries
- FSQA – McCain Foods
- Marketing Partner – US Chemicals & Plastics
- Division Sales Support – John Morrell & Company
- Exclusive Brands – Co-winners: Schreiber Foods & Ventura Foods
- Manufacturer Brand – Lamb Weston
- Supplier of the Year – Rema Foods, Inc.
King shared that Reinhart created its annual Supplier Awards to celebrate and recognize its partners who have truly embraced its customer-first focus over the last year and congratulated all the winners.