Trader Joe's Teases New Store Locations
MERIDIAN, ID - Trader Joe’s is at it again, taking names, space, and states. You may recall us reporting on new stores in Florida and Kansas last week. This time the retailer will be adding its second location in the state of Idaho. Although the company hasn’t announced this new location publicly, there are a few tell-tale signs that led us to believe a Meridian, Idaho, store will be popping up in no time.
BoiseDev reported the possibility of a Meridian store earlier this year, but now that there’s not only one, but six permits filed for the store, it’s safe to say they were correct. The permit filed with the city of Meridian detailed that Trader Joe’s plans to build a new store in a former Rosauers location, taking up a hefty 16,744-square-foot portion.
Just a few months after that first permit, five others came through the pipeline:
- Idaho Electric Signs applied to create a Trader Joe’s sign on the building.
- TML Service Experts applied to install HVAC in the building.
- Buss Mechanical applied to install a vacuum system as well as applied to do plumbing work.
- RME Inc. applied to install electrical connections.
- Thrope Fire Sprinkler Services applied to install fire sprinklers.
Although Trader Joe’s hasn’t piped up about its new store, reports say that construction on the building is well underway. The company is known for being rather sneaky, so stick with us at ANUK and you won’t miss a beat!